Sunday, August 24, 2008

Many thoughts . . .

WOW! So many things to catch up on here, so i'll see what i can recall.

Can't believe summer Olympics is already over! My son, Caleb, really enjoyed watching them this year. Definitely an Olympics to go down big time in history.

Last day of summer break for us is tomorrow. TUESDAY is the first day of school for us. I'm actually excited about my class and looking forward to a great year in 4th grade! I sure will miss 5th grade, though. My theme is monkeys! Mrs. Moore's Magnificent (or Marvelous) Monkeys! The decor is sooooo cute, and i'm really getting into this monkey/safari theme.

Trip to New York was beautiful. I'll have to share my pics later as i've not uploaded them yet. The weather was cool, beautiful mountains in upstate. and Town Square was WOW!! We went shopping in the M&M store and Hershey store as well. You can tell what was on our minds - ;)

I bought me a SWATCH watch there as well. We also saw the Twin Tower site; it moved me more than i expected. Especially when i saw the flag still flying in that hole. Of course rode the subway, which is an experience in and of itself. Was hoping to see Empire State Bldg. but we just ran out of time with a few other things we did along the way. But, that just calls for another trip to NYC in the future!
I'm doing okay on Weight Watchers. After some health issues and a minor day surgery this past week, i've pretty much have just stayed or put on a pound. I'm hoping to get back in gear and get going again. I haven't been working out because of these issues so that probably doesn't help. I'll get there. It's a life style change - not just something short term.

Well, i'm still bummed about SBF closing; sure am going to miss that store A LOT! After a brief trip to Michael's today with Desi, i just thought how i can't bear to think that i won't be able to go to SBF anymore for scrappin' goodies!

I think that's about it for a catch up at this point. I'm going to try and do better (Pam) at posting more often. And I REALLY need post more pics and projects i've completed. I will do that soon.




1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Well!! I can't wait to see you NYC pictures, that is on my Bucket List, not to see your pictures but to go to NYC!
Keep on the WW you will be glad you did!
See you Sat. night!