Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Photo Freedom - Take Two!

Several posts down, I mentioned I bought and read Stacy Julian's new book, Photo Freedom. It is great and I highly recommend it! It was a lot of info to take in and when finished, i still felt that it hadn't all soaked in. So I reread it beginning last week and just finished it again tonight, and I have to say I'm psyched to get the ball rolling on this Library of Memories (LOM) process she uses. It's awesome sounding and it can be easily adapted to an individual's style of scrapping. The main thing I'm hoping it will do for me is help get me out of this scrapping rut i've been in. With the passing of my dad almost 2 years ago and the burden of doing layouts chronologically, i've just not been into doing any layouts. Sure, i've made some cute albums and projects, but not many layouts. I think the last one I did was for my lss Design Team entry. SO, cheerst to PF and Stacy for the system! Now, i'll be reading her previous/earlier book, The Big Picture, which I hope will be just as enlightening and a breath of fresh air.

On another note, unpacked, most laundry done and souvenirs are in one place! Now to get my boys ready for their beach trip this weekend and hopefully some scrapping time for me. I purchased some albums from Costco.com for storage purposes, per PF, and have my category drawers ready as well (all part of the PF philosophy). Seems I got back on my original topic.

Ciao!




1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Wish I could be that organized!! I haven't scrapped a layout in months, but have done mini albums, sometimes the itch to do a layout comes back, hopefully I can still do one or two! I saw a neat photo box at JoAnns,I may have to get!