Saturday, April 19, 2008

Didn't realize . . .


it had been so long since i posted! I just thought it had been just a week. Anyway, i'm posting now.

Light week at work/school because our students had SAT testing all week. Nothing like TEKS or TAKS that public schools do, but does assess where students are at academically. So i didn't teach a thing! Pretty neat; got caught up on some grading, lesson plans and some reading. We'll be in full swing Monday for 4 more weeks. Try doing testing for a whole week followed by 4 more weeks of academics. It's like pulling teeth from the students. Not looking forward to it. They think school ends with SATs.


Guess what? Got an ATG 714 adhesive applicator!!!! Ordered it online for just a bit over $35 and got some refills to boot! I tried it out and it is SO easy to use. I thought it would take me a bit more getting used to, but not at all! I'm looking to alter it to match my personal color preference, but don't know when i'll get to that. I saw one altered at Two Peas and it was sooooo cute. Pink, though. I'd do mine in lime green or turquoise blue. I've got other things i need to do and finish, so i'm sure this will be at the bottom of my to do list.


Scrapathon next Saturday!!! My cousin will be coming in to town, is a scrapper, and will be coming with me. I guess i better call the store and sign her up!! Should be a great visit and scrapping time.


Speaking of scrapping, man have i got A LOT of kits i've ordered lately from kit clubs. Seems like TONS of papers and goodies. I've not done anything with them other than open the box(es) and look at all the cool stuff. I need to decide how to store them. I'd like to keep them together, yet i wonder if that's the most effective way to use them. Guess i'll have to learn by doing. Some cool clubs i like: All Moments Remembered, Freckle Friends, Mosh Posh, Studio Calico and a few others. Great stuff!






Last but not least, i'm trying to find tickets for a concert this summer featuring JOURNEY with Cheap Trick and Heart!!!! I'm so excited they, JOURNEY, are coming back to San Antonio! Although they have another new lead singer, i'd still love to hear them. Just can't seem to get the seats i'd like. For some reason, Citicard members seem to have first dibs for premiere seats. Bummer. I'm keeping a look out.
Guess that's it for now. Signing off . . .

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Wow! so glad you finally came over to the dark side and got your "gun" I love mine. Can't wait to see the altered result!!
I love kits, they may choosing so much easier!!