Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random-osity


Okay, first, i stole the post title from CZ's blog. Liked it.

Secondly, i've got to say i'm getting pretty ticked about how America is voting on/for American Idol. I don't claim to be a top musician, but i know music and singing, for i've been involved in it most of my life. With that said, when is dred-lock dude going to get voted off? He's waaaaaayyyyy overstayed his time yet he keeps coming back. He is NOT a strong vocalist and, in my opinion, did horribly. Yet he stays tonight and Carly, a fine vocalist, leaves! I'm just trying to figure out what America is thinking, yet that will forever be an unanswered question in many ways.

For anyone reading, know that this is also therapy for me. My counselor says i should journal, so i use this forum to do it, at times. Lately i've been feeling a bit down, like what i say means very little to those i'm close to - family and work in particular. I'm so tired of feeling that my principal is against me on things i've either done for some time and all of a sudden are wrong, or things she's approved but will later say she didn't realize this or that about it when she agreed. I had to change a student's conduct grade because a parent complained of how it was given, yet i've been doing this procedure for 4-5 years now!! Now all of a sudden it is no longer acceptable and i had to give her a higher grade. Those kinds of things really frustrate me. Though i understand where the parent was coming from, at the same time this is something her child has been doing most of the year. And my principal decides to throw in that parents are concerned that conduct grades are affecting grade point averages for highest academic awards. Last time i checked, i didn't think conduct was academic, i wasn't even informed of this concern of conduct affecting academics until this situation, and it's just nonsense, at least to me right now. I'm really starting to wonder if i should stay in the teaching career. Yet, i can't beat the holidays, the fact i'm on the same campus as my boys and just know where they are.

Looking forward to a scrapathon this weekend, and
my cousin will be coming in to town as well. Since she scraps, she be coming with me. Excited! I'm looking forward to the summer when i can spend more time scrapping. Also hoping to implement the Photo Freedom system to get myself into a different frame of mind about pics and scrapping. Off to bed. Still need to find those Journey concert tickets . . . .


sherry

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

I agree with you about AI. My teenager thinks Jason is HOT but is singing is lacking! Carley has an awesome voice but I wonder if all the tats has something to do with her leaving.It will be interesting next week.
I have had 4 kids go through school, one with a handicap and I can tell you politics and parents rule our school system. It is sad that a teacher can't teach and give grades based on what the child does in school.
Keep you chin up, you know we love ya!!