Tuesday, April 8, 2008

VENTING!

Hopefully none of my students' parents can get here - :D

It's at this time of year that nerves of teachers, parents and students can get easily tired out and worn. I'm there! Just today 2 families just coming down on me and my co-teacher. With one, it was my fault her child refused to get her spring pictures taken and this will ALWAYS, as mom said, leave a negative feeling. When she thinks upon this, she'll always remember the fact her daughter missed out on her picture. Being a scrapbooker, i can SO relate. However, the child had basically thrown a tantrum, was red-faced from crying and she wouldn't have the pic taken. In the conference, it didn't matter that the child has been disrespectful and never takes responsibility for her choices, it was all about the spring pictures. AAAARRRRGGGHHH! Then a parent of another student is expecting us to no matter what, make sure his child has copied his homework. What about the other 17 students, and not to mention, the other special needs that i'm supposed to meet????? These are the days i question "Why am I teaching?" I'm not superwoman and i don't want to make excuses, but good grief. Where is that line i keep looking for where my job ends and the family's job begins? Venting . . . .

Excuse any misspellings - at least this once!

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

You so deserve to vent! I will never understand why parents think it is never their childs fault or responsibility! Just too much trouble to be bothered I guess.