Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

These two are the reasons I'm a mother today! Aren't they adorable??? Such wonderful boys - love 'em bunches!!

This was taken on Easter Sunday. Haven't taken any today - yet! This has been a good Mother's Day! It started yesterday with beautiful, colorful flowers from my husband. This morning I woke up to cards, chocolate, and gifts. The cards were funny and sweet. The chocolate was just sweet, and the gifts were awesome. I got a scrapathon weekend at SCRAPBOOK FEVER for next weekend - yessssssssssss. And the surprise i wasn't even expecting was from my oldest son - a book of poems he wrote in English class at school, bound in a nice hardback book, given and dedicated to ME! How awesome is that! I was shocked and near tears! He wrote a dedication in it to me and even a poem about me! There are other poems included but those really touched me. I'll definitely cherish this forever! I didn't know he still had it in him; you know when they hit those early teens, teens in general, they kinda pull away from some of that mushy stuff. So i got a bit of mushy stuff today and loved it! Went to Logan's Steakhouse for lunch - yum! Came home and took a nice nap to top it off. Now i'll be doing some MP3 downloading and whatever else i desire. I love being spoiled on Mother's Day. Miss my momma, though. When she first passed, I was a young mom, and Mother's Day were very hard for me - missing her and hard to enjoy for myself. It's only been in the past 3-4 years that i've been able to enjoy the fact that I'm a mother and to receive the blessings and honor given on this day to me and others. Doesn't mean i don't think of Mom, for i definitely do, but I can now enjoy celebrating my motherhood and hers, too.










These are some pics i took near our house of wildflowers on Easter Sunday; just love how they turned out! Trying to get some 'professional' looking shots. I think they're kinda cool! I'll share more later. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Handsome young men!! Sounds like you had a super Mothers Day.