Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day musings

It's nice to have this day off from work and to enjoy with family at home. Nothing planned, but going to work in scraproom. Doesn't mean i'll be scrapping but hope it will include some.

Remembering my parents today. I believe this day, or tomorrow, would have been their 44th wedding anniversary. Miss them bunches.
Just ordered from Amazon.com The Big Picture by Stacey Julian, and Pagemaps. Hoping to get those before leaving for Alaska - to have for some good readings. I figured since i bought Photo Freedom by Stacey and she referes to BP a few times, thought i'd check it out as well. I'm really looking forward to using her ideas to incorporate with my ways of scrapping. I believe it will be more enjoyable for me and hopefully less intimidating. The other book just looks fun! Something else i ordered last nite was JOURNEY's newest album and a T-shirt to go with it! I hope it's a good cd!
Just 3 1/2 more days of school, including Tuesday. Friday is early release. It couldn't come any sooner. Found out that the young boy i've had issues with more of late (with parents more than him) is leaving the school. I was a bit bummed at first feeling it was my fault as my principal twice mentioned to me specifically not wanting to lose this 'sweet' family. Guess we are. I could get into all again, but honestly, i think his leaving will be the best thing for him. If they don't hold him back or homeschool him, 6th grade will eat him alive.

Maybe i'll post a few pics later after I upload them to my puter. Been taking a lot lately with end of school programs and events.

Enjoy the holiday; I plan to.

Sherry

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Bet you are glad school is almost over! I don't know that I am ready for a 16/17 year old home all summer but guess we will survive.
I wish I had time to organize my sb room but it will just have to stay this way until after the GASC!