Thursday, March 13, 2008

2nd to the last day of Spring Break



It's Thursday and spring break is almost over. It's been nice and i've enjoyed it greatly. We've not done anything special or in particular, and I think that's okay! I've been cleaning and rearranging AGAIN in my scraproom. I think it's close to what i want! We'll see soon enough.

Here's a pic of our state capitol. Can't take credit for the pic, but took it from a scrap friend of mine. It's a beauty. Think i'll use it to put into a word bloom album like this one:

Isn't it a cool looking album?

An acquaintance that works at Scrapbook Fever (hi Pam!) makes them now; her new home business is called Heart of Texas Studio. She's making new words all the time. I'll be taking a class next Wednesday and will do one on the (Air) FORCE. Looking forward to that one. I've already purchased a soccer and Texas album, and got a LOVE one as a scrap-a-thon gift. One could go crazy doing these - they're so fun.


My local LSS who sells these is holding a contest on the best word bloom album created. Saw some TOTALLY awesome ones. I had wanted to enter, but just didn't get around to it. Kinda glad I didn't 'cause the competition is stiff! My two favs were a girl scout one and a Texas License plate one. The lady who did the license plate one must have copied a plate about 6 times and then had to line them up evenly for each page, and it looked so real!

One thing i've been doing to help me reorganize and hopefully make more accessible my hoard of supplies is to make a ribbon bag, much like this one:



I had a leftover makeup bag from Crate and Barrel and punched it up, added eyelets and pulled ribbon through. Quite cute! I then bought a clear bag with black trim, much like the one above, from Target, punched it, added eyelets, and pulled more ribbon through. I just punched more holes in it once i found i could and will add even more ribbon to that bag. No eyelets this time. The one above didn't use them, so i'm saving the rest of mine and will see if the holes hold up.


Well, off to the scraproom again.



















1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

Hi Sherry, Glad I found your blog!!
Love the Austin WB she did an awesome job, along with all the others!! Force & Air is up there for you!
Janet used White Staz-on and rubbed it over the acrylic. Beautiful mini album isn't it!